We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that aims to improve the lives of isolated children
Founded in 2007, GameChanger works with world-leading gaming and tech companies and has donated more than $26 million in gaming equipment, technology, and support to hospitals, patients, and families with the goal to improve outcomes for sick children. GameChanger also works closely with major children’s hospitals to provide goods and resources to patients and staff.
We leverage the power of technology, innovation, and gaming to improve the lives of isolated children facing life-threatening illnesses and we are on a quest to find like minded people to help us reach further than ever before.
Base Pay Range: $22.00hr - $33.00hr
Community Marketing Coordinator
We’re looking for a Community Marketing Coordinator who is embedded in the gaming and live-streaming world. We hope to find someone who is aligned with our values and mission of helping sick kids in isolation. As the Community Marketing Coordinator, you will assist our team by building the charity’s strategy for cultivating an online community, building relationships with community leaders, influencers, and other relevant partners, creating key events and campaigns, and fill in gaps in our marketing team as needed.
- Develop and manage community and influencer strategy in collaboration with marketing coordinator
- Create strategy to grow and develop GCC online community and relationships
- Create engaging content, including (but not limited to): blogs, videos, social posts, and live streams in collaboration with our greater marketing team
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners (influencers, community members, supporters)
- Collect and present important community feedback to our team and external partners throughout campaigns and help identify key areas of focus to improve engagement, retention and widen appeal
- Work closely across internal teams as well as external partners to coordinate community-led projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop fundraising strategy and events, including but not limited to live streams, hospital visits, fulfillment, and more
- Work as a liaison with external partners, ensuring strong relationships are built and maintained
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with key content creators such as Twitch Streamers and YouTubers
- Act as an ambassador internally and online in our communities
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience managing and cultivating digital communities and influencer relationships
- Passion to help others and spread goodwill
- Love of gaming
- Knowledgeable about livestream events in the gaming world
- Must have the ability to think on their feet and work under their own initiative with a can-do, solution-focused attitude
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to build effective, collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding of the livestream and/or livestream fundraising industry and platforms including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and TikTok.
- Proficiency in basic business programs including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google platforms, Video conferencing (Zoom, Meet)
- Proficient in using social media tools and platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, MailChimp, etc
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in non-profit, fundraising, and/or live-streaming sector
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Contact us to apply.
GameChanger Charity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.